Ventspils University College
|Ventspils University College was founded in 1997 and is considered to be one of the keystones to create qualified human resources in Ventspils. The institution provides qualitative higher education in such fields as business management with specialization in accountancy, finances, logistics and marketing, as well as in information technology, electronics, and translation.|
The activity of Ventspils University College is financially supported by the Ventspils City Council, larger companies and the state of Latvia. The number of students in the University College is approximately 800, three quarters of which are not the natives of Ventspils.
The homepage of Ventspils University College: www.venta.lv
Study programmes of Ventspils University College
Faculty of Information Technology:
- Higher Professional Study Programme (I level) “Information Technology”
- Bachelor’s study programme “Computer sciences”
- Bachelor’s study programme “Electronics”
- Master of Natural Sciences in Computer Science (The mathematical principles in Computer Science and data processing systems of satellite information)
Faculty of Economics and Business Management
- Academic Bachelor’s programme “Bachelor of Social Sciences in Management Science”
- Professional Master’s programme “Business management”
- Interuniversity Doctoral programme "Business management”
Faculty of Translation Studies
- Professional Bachelor’s programme “Translation in English – Latvian – Russian or German”
- Professional Bachelor’s programme “Translation in German – Latvian – Russian or English”
- Professional Master’s programme "Translation of legal texts"
- Doctoral programme "Linguistics"
Ventspils University College devotes particular attention to continuing education, thus it has created Lifelong Education Department. In this department you can acquire knowledge in natural sciences, social sciences and humanities, and the lectures are read by the field’s specialists. Anyone, who is interested, can attend courses in foreign language (English, German, Spanish, French, Norwegian, Japanese, etc.), Latvian language, computer sciences, as well as interest-related courses.