VHTP Business Incubator is a great place for new companies that have a business idea, preferably in the field of technologies, have a desire to rapidly develop their business idea and company, a desire to find oneself in a dynamic business environment and necessity to find and establish new contacts and collaboration.
Before applying for VHTP Business Incubator, see the VHTP Business Incubator's state aid (de minis) registration methodology (LV) and VHTP Business Incubator's procedure of acceptance and exit for micro, small and avarage merchants (LV).
When to go to business incubator?
- I have an idea that I believe in
- I am ready to take a risk (even with my own money)
- I know what I lack and what I am looking for (for instance partners, capital or clients)
Who can claim for joining the business incubator?
- Physical entity that have a business idea, which is planned to be implemented within the region of BI’s activity.
- Legal entities:
- Businessperson, whose business activity does not exceed 2 years on the moment of application
- Businessperson conforms with the status of small and medium enterprise
- Businessperson is not insolvent and does not have tax liabilities
- Businessperson implements or will implement ones idea within the region of business incubator’s activity
Prior fields of activity
- Information technology
- Environmental technology
- Mechanical engineering
- Industrial automation
- Computer-aided design
- Space technology
NB! Business incubator can support business ideas in all fields, except manufacturing of agricultural products, fish industry and aquaculture, coal industry, naval architecture, financial mediation, trade, commercial services, transportation, production of alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, and gambling.
Evaluation of the business plan (evaluated in points):
- Company’s field of activity – company is engaged in any of the supported/prior fields of activity
- Company’s type of incubation – with or without premises in the incubator (incubation in the virtual environment)
- Analysis of company’s personnel - capacity of company’s management and involved personnel
- Analysis of the business idea - evaluation of idea’s vitality and potential of idea’s rapid growth
- Market analysis – accessibility of outlet, potential of product’s realization
- Evaluation of business plan’s quality - financial forecast and substantiation of prospective yield, including, the increase in export, amount of paid taxes, and promotion of employment
Company will receive extra points if satisfies at least one of the following criteria:
- Company employs or plans to employ people with special needs
- Company employs or plans to employ people, who have not reached the age of 25 and this would be (or is) their first work place
- Company employs or plans to employ an employee or employees migrating within the European Community and are in need of language training
- Company plans to create new work places, as well as maintain the existing ones
- Company is engaged in one of the horizontal priority spheres: information technology (IT), environmental technology