Satellite Technology Summer School 2011
The foundation „Ventspils High Technology Park” (VHTP) organises the „Satellite Technology Summer School 2011” (hereafter Summer School) August 15 to 19, 2011 in Ventspils and we invite you to participate in it!
The Summer School will offer such opportunities:
- to acquire information about entrepreneurship and legislation in space industry;
- to find out more about the essential things related to the implementation of European Space Agency’s purchases, and understand the necessity of the Clean room in executing orders;
- to hear the opinion of space industry experts, who are developing satellites and use clean room for production, have a knowledge about the demands of European Space Agency; have an experience of a successful work in space industry for many years;
- to find out about the business possibilities in space industry;
- to learn about the Estonia’s first satellite ESTCube and the Latvia’s first satellite Venta-1, their operational principles and technical specifications;
- to participate in testing and performing simulation of the model of Venta-1.
The trainings of the Summer School are divided in two parts, so the participants can choose which lectures they are more interested to join.
There will be general themes in the first part of the Summer School, therefore we are especially inviting managers, scientists, researchers, engineers and other representatives of organizations, who are interested in space industry and business opportunities of this field, as well as the legislation and policy issues in space industry.
The themes in the second part of the Summer School are more specific, mainly, the subjects are connected with the use of clean room, production processes and also Latvia’s first satellite Venta -1, and the Estonia’s first satellite ESTCube. The information will be more connected with technical issues, hence more suitable for technicians and engineers.
There is a possibility to participate in one of the parts of the Summer School or in both parts, altogether it lasts five days. The participant fee of each part is 100,00 LVL (including VAT 22%) for each participant and it includes participation in lectures and practical seminars, hand-outs from all the lectures and seminars and also coffee breaks and lunch.
To apply for this Summer School, please send information till 5.p.m. on August 5, to e-mail: eva [dot] daigina [at] vatp [dot] lv or ieva [dot] stumpe [at] vatp [dot] lv, indicating the number of the participants and day (days) you are planning to participate in the Summer School!
For futher information:
Eva Daigina, Project manager of the VHTP
Address: Kaiju Street 9, Ventspils, LV-3602
Phone number: +371 63630435
Mobile phone number: +371 26597913
Fax: +371 63630435
E-mail: eva [dot] daigina [at] vatp [dot] lv